Sewall-Scripture House (right)
Built 1832
40 King Street
Rockport , Massachusetts

Hours:
Museum: 2:00 – 5:00 PM Tues., Fri., and Sat.
July thru mid-Sept.
and by chance

Research Library:
9:00 AM – 1 PM Mondays year-round
except major holidays

Visitor Information
Events at the Sandy Bay Historical Society
Collections & Exhibits
Research Library & Genealogy
Rockport Archives Project
The Old Castle in Pigeon Cove, Massachusetts. Built in 1711.
 
 
Old Castle (fireplace, left)
Built 1711
Castle Lane
Rockport, Massachusetts

2:00 – 5:00 PM Saturdays, July and August
and by chance

Get map and directions from MapQuest!
Sewall-Scripture House
Old Castle

Cost of Admission
$5.00, which includes admission to both museums.
Members and children under 12: Free.

Directions
Sewall-Scripture House
Take Route 128 North to Rockport/Gloucester, through two rotaries or traffic circles. Following signs to Rockport, continue through the second rotary to the first traffic light, which is 127 North (Eastern Avenue). Turn left onto 127, and continue for 3 miles. At the five-way intersection (Five Corners), take a hard left onto Railroad Ave. (127) towards Pigeon Cove. Continue one block on Railroad Ave., to the first street on your right, which is King Street. The Sewall-Scripture house is the granite building on the corner (40 King St.) Entrance is around the corner where Railroad Ave. turns into Granite Street.

Old Castle
Follow directions to Rockport as above. At Five Corners, take a hard left onto Railroad Ave. (127) towards Pigeon Cove. Continue for 1.6 miles (Railroad Ave. becomes Granite Avenue). Turn left onto Curtis Street. The driveway to the Old Castle (Castle Lane) will be an immediate right. Please park along Curtis Street and walk up the hill to the Old Castle. Vehicles are only allowed on Castle Lane for handicap access.

Contact Us
978-546-9533
info@SandyBayHistorical.org

NOW AVAILABLE: O RARE HARRISON CADY! and other local authors.

© Copyright 2010-12 Sandy Bay Historical Society • All rights reserved.
All work shown on this site is the property of Valentine Design or the Sandy Bay Historical Society.

This site designed by Valentine Design